Abbey Business Centres strives for high standards in all our
We acknowledge our environmental responsibility and have integrated our environmental accountability into our operations. We are committed to continual environmental improvement and endeavour to reduce our impact on the local and global environment.
The company will actively promote the principle of
sustainable development through the following measures:
- Meet and exceed all relevant environmental legislation and
introduce company standards where legislation does not exist.
- Seek to reduce the consumption of raw materials in all operations and endeavour to use recycled material where economically feasible.
- Regulate and improve our working process to cause the least practicable impact on the environment.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers to improve the companys environmental performance.
- Co-operate with the appropriate authorities, technical organisations and relevant groups to improve our environmental performance.
- Reduce, wherever practical, emissions to the environment
through a programme of waste minimisation and energy
Waste management and recycling are core initiatives at Abbey. All of our centres recycle their waste with 90% of sites able to recycle all of their Glass, Aluminium, Plastic, Paper and Cardboard.
- Creating office space that makes the most efficient use of natural lighting.
- Installation of high quality & energy efficient lighting.
- Installation of Infrared motion detectors for automatic lighting control in all new centres, with a phased deployment to the rest of the group.
- Zoned HVAC controls, to manage building areas individually.
- Installation of building information systems & energy
efficient HVAC systems.